Graciously funded by the TB Foundation of Virginia, the Southeastern National TB Center (SNTC) is able to provide Therapeutic Drug Monitoring (TDM) testing to the 12 southeastern territories: Alabama, Kentucky, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia and the US Virgin Islands.
To request Therapeutic Drug Monitoring for your TB patient, please call the 24 hour Medical Consultation Service through the SNTC at 800-4TB-INFO.
Medical Consultation Features
- Available 24-hours, 7 days a week.
- Free service to TB health care providers through our SE region.
- Toll-free hotline.
- Rapid response based on level of need.
- Access to TB clinical expertise through physician, pharmacist, nurse or attorney consultants.
- Written feedback will be sent to each requestor detailing the consultation response.
- Online consultation now available.
- Call 1-800-4TB-INFO (1-800-482-4636).
- An operator will answer your call.
- The information requested by the operator will be forwarded to the SNTC consultant to address your questions.
- Your call will be returned the same day if it is urgent or at the latest within one working day if not urgent.
The start date to request TDM is June 1, 2014 and runs through February 28, 2015. If TDM is determined as the best course of action through medical consultation, the Southeastern National TB Center will provide funding directly to the Infectious Disease Pharmacokinetics Laboratory at the University of Florida for testing but all shipping costs to the laboratory will have to be covered by the requesting clinic.
The Southeastern National TB Center would like to thank the TB Foundation of Virginia once again for supporting Therapeutic Drug Monitoring and the SNTC as these services could not be possible without such support.